Saturday, October 13, 2012

French Interior Inspiration

Today I'd like to share some pics of an apartment that I find really inspiring. I recently bought the autumn issue of Czech Elle Decoration and there were so many nice interior ideas that I seriously want my own place RIGHT. NOW. I especially liked the article which features the French designer Florence Baudoux's Parisian apartment. Check it out (apologies for the wonky scanning btw).



Isn't the sofa amazing? The owner of the flat designed it herself (me wants!!). I also love the combination of black, gray and pink - I'd love to have this colour scheme in my own apartment.

Love the painting (done by French illustrator Floc'h) & the whole dining room set-up. Not too cutesy, fresh & edgy. Love the black wooden floors as well. The white table and benches are works of Dutch designer Piet Hein Eek.

I so want that Olivier Sémon shoe photo! Doesn't it remind you of Marie-Antoinette (one of my loves :)?


What do you think of this place? Could you see yourself living in a place like this? I love interiors that are a bit funky & aren't too 'perfect' (if you know what I mean... I recently saw pics of Ivanka Trump's apartment and let me tell you... too polished, too gallery-like.. not my style!). Which may sound a bit funny because I can totally see how this Parisian apartment may seems 'too perfect' for some people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment